AmiTrix Development is now providing AWeb-II, v3.2
November 2, 1998
The v3.2 patch is a minor update available free to v3.x customers
from our website, shipping copies are still v3.1. Also check for
new plugin and macro updates regularly put up on our AWeb page.
Some of the features of AWeb-II v3.x are:
- Supports HTML 2.0 thru 4.0 features, 3 selectable HTML mode settings
to allow maximum flexibility in handling buggy/non-standard code.
- Full support for Frames/Tables with backgrounds, page history window.
Spoof-As and Spamblock options, ClassAct GUI provided with AWeb.
- Added support for MiamiSSL secure transfer, login/proxy authorization.
- More versatile cookie protection and a cookie alert requester. Cookie
save file is now in readable form.
- Internal support for FTP file downloads, server push and client pull.
- Basic internal EMail sending & News reader, support for externals.
- A new public plugin interface. Plugin modules can do their rendering
directly in the AWeb browser window. The API (Application Program
Interface) is available as a separate archive, contact Yvon Rozijn
for further information. This provides support
for anim and progressive image display.
- New internal awebplugin image display modules for GIF, JFIF, and PNG
images with progressive/anim and scaling support. Complete datatype
support with expanded MIME type settings for all ouput direction.
- Standalone images are now shown in the AWeb window, or can use an
optional external image viewer. Supports client side maps, floating
images, centering, borders and icons.
- Full disk Cache, enhanced cache Browser with find functions and able
to delete multiple file entries. Automatic memory cache for currently
displayed pages with adjustable settings to control memory and disk
space usage. Fix cache function for cleanup of bad files.
- Greatly enhanced and expanded ARexx command set, ARexx macro menu.
- Now with Clipboard support, added Control Menu items, including copy
block, drag-select text from a page and cut & paste to the URL field.
- New, fully configurable user buttons can be added below the existing
AWeb toolbar, scrollable for a row longer than screen width. AWebs
GUI buttons and transfer anim are replaceable with some alternates
provided or you can custom make your own.
- The Frame, Image and Link popup menues are now fully configurable.
- Powerful hotlist manager with dual windows, Add/Delete, In/Out/Move,
and Sort/Find functions.
- A new Info window with HTTP transfer headers, meta information and
current documents links. New Template popup menu on the URL field.
- Network status window shows file transfer status, allows cancelations
and now shows CPS rate.
- Full Graphics dump printing of displayed page, text printing via HTTX.
- Extensive Locale language support, docmentation translations for a
number of languages available from our website.
- The page Search function now highlights the text found, new docs
search function, network auto-search fuction via the URL field.
- Separate AWeb GUI palette, full color support for grapics cards and
improved greyscale palette for alternate image display on ECS.
- Edit or show the HTML source code with automatic page display update.
- New Settings Menu with 5 separate windows for extensive configuration.
Fully configurable hotkeys, AppWindow and Iconify functions.
- The No-proxy, No-cookie, and Do-not-cache lists are now sorted and
support pattern matching.
- ...and many, many other things, including...
- Play16 sound player provided for background sounds and external
- Updates to HTTX (html to text conversion/save/print), and AWebNews
(online newsgroup reader) ARexx plugins. Additional ARexx plugins
and button scripts can also be found on our website.
- HTML-Heaven v2.1 (for html document creation), now with table and
frame support added.
- A number of ARexx macros for user button & popup menu scripts as well
as utility functions.
1-2MB chip ram, 2-4MB+ fast ram, hard drive, Workbench 3.x,
and a TCP/IP software package such as Miami, AmiTCP or INet.
AmiTrix Home Page |
AWeb Home Page |